Monday, June 22, 2015

the pros of living with a boy who cooks

Sundays in my household are usually reserved for grocery shopping and running errands.  My BF and I have completely opposite schedules (he's a comedy improviser/dj so usually works nights and Saturdays, where I have your normal 9-5er) so Sundays are basically our only full day together during the week. 



Yesterday we ventured out to our local farmers marker and found some of the prettiest tomatoes I've ever seen.  This seems to have inspired him, bc what came next floored even me, and I know how well he cooks already.  Feast your eyes on maybe my favorite meal he's ever made.  Ps. Totally vegan.  






#smitten 


I can't be sure how he made the dough for the pasta - I was taking a catnap due to an insane karaoke party the night before- but I know the sauce well. It's very "throw together" bc literally, you just throw whatever you want in there.  Cut up your tomatoes or whatever veggies you're using-  Definitely throw some tomatoes in there though-  and heat some olive oil.  Once the olive oil is at a high enough temp, put in some garlic and after about a minute, mix in some chopped onions or basil or both. (Our basil came from our window herb garden!)  Then add your tomatoes and just let it simmer for a bit. The longer you let it simmer, the "saucier" it will become.  Yesterday we opted for a more tossed tomatoes vibe. It's so so easy and so delicious.  



No comments:

Post a Comment